Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Viola


I was not sure if I should post this... but I really could not help myself :o)  A sneak peek of my hand painted wall covering at the Decorators' Show House.  I have many things in the works for this area, and hope that you will enjoy this story as it unfolds.  

Tomorrow I will start work in earnest on my Pique Assiette mirror and table for the wall you see on the left, in the top photo.  The bottom photo is detail of the subtle pattern I have painted for four of the walls. My intention is to give a bit of interest, but not so much as to take away from the art that has been created for the covered walls.  The remaining walls have a pale buttery hue that will allow the art work hung upon them to sing their song as well.  My hope is to depict various ways to add design elements and interest that provoke a pleasurable pause in a seemingly ordinary area.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy the process of bringing the elements of a design together for the DSH.  I am so grateful to be a part of this project again.  I am also very grateful for all of my talented Artists, for all of the work they are putting into this project on behalf of their belief in me.  I am really quite humbled by it all...


No comments:

Post a Comment