Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ever After

It is always a happy day when one of my treasures finds a forever home, even if it is laced with a touch of  bittersweet goodbyes.  It is not an easy thing to let ones creations leave the nest...but still I have to smile when I think of many things that just seem to happen along the way. 

This is an old photo of the Eastlake Armoire in its forever home.  It was the Decorators' Show House, I was Designer and Artist the first year I was involved.  I chose to use the Eastlake Armoire on the first floor landing. On top you can see dried hydrangea from The Seaport Florist in Brooklyn, and a selection of herbed vinegars from my garden.  This house was the first of three Officers homes on Lawton Loop at Fort Benjamin Harrison and were on St. Margaret's tour that year.  

These wonderful old homes were being offered to the public for the first time, and the current home owner had fallen in love with the  armoire that I had rescued.  I just knew it had found the right place to be.  That year was a lot of hard work, and it was so much fun to be following my heart wherever it would would lead me.  I designed and painted a pair of three story stairways and landings that year, and to my surprise received two awards for my efforts.  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment