Saturday, February 13, 2010

All You Need Is Love #13

I love the balance of color and gold on this pique assiette heart, and will always have an eye out for just one more chipped or cracked plate in this pattern.  The combination of pinks, green, a touch of blue and gold are quite beautiful to me. I think this is a good example of less is more, a little vintage stained glass and a few crystals complete the design.  Lucky number 13 for today, could that mean 13 hugs?

Speaking of lucky numbers, I learned recently that my design area at the St Margaret's Hospital Guild Show House is also now number 13. This was determined once the path through the house had been decided upon by the Guild.  Below is a little tease, a before photo of the area.  This was taken from the sun room.  My area includes the landing, upstairs sitting area and long hallway...which will be transformed into a gallery featuring the works of six extremely exceptional artists.  Oh, and some of my work will be there too :o)  In this photo, you can see that we have already installed picture moulding, and the white wall on the left has been smoothed with plaster to prepare it for my hand painted wall covering.  More to come on this project.


Embrace your dreams.  

Love Love Love...its easy   And sometimes smells like paint :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment