As I was saying...I found an amazing surprise beneath the 25 year old wallpaper. An imprint from the original wall covering...Gasp! I knew immediately what I wanted to do about this, but that would require a change from my previously accepted design. I wanted very much to replicate the unearthed pattern on the walls, and I learned the original had been a red on red...lovely! My request was granted, but alas not in the cranberry reds..
After re-designing my area, the next task at hand was to find the whole pattern to reproduce. A little here and a little there, I was able to find enough of it to get all I needed to make a 4' x 5' template. The walls were painted a soft bay leaf green, I then painted the pattern in a translucent mossy green. Look at that iron railing!
It was so much fun to bring a bit of history back to this formal entry, that I almost forgot I was so high up on the scaffolding. Almost. The template was just about as tall as me, so it was quite a challenge to say the least, and sometimes quite comical. Its a tough job , but somebody's gotta do it :o)
Vintage pattern, vintage rug, vintage furniture...Viola!
Thanks for stopping by...