Friday, April 16, 2010

Twelve days of Show House Past: 2000

In 2000 the Show House was back on Meridian Street at Historic Square, and my was the Entry in the Levy Mansion.  I had received an invitation to sit on the Design Board, and enjoyed very much working alongside my fellow designers.  There were two mansions that year, and so many details to be tended to.



The design I had submitted included a hand painted finish on the 2 story plus walls that led the eye up to this fabulous Tiffany stained glass sky light. Gasp! This beautiful work of art inspired me so much that I felt the need to be a part of the restoration of the surrounding area.

The walls were covered with 25 year old wallpaper. That needed to be removed. By me. On scaffolding.  Did I ever mention how I really feel about scaffolding? Well, let's just say I really, really loved that Tiffany light.  

As I was removing the old paper, something amazing started to happen. Even more amazing than me being on that slippery scaffolding...

Stay tuned for more on this mystery tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment