Thursday, April 15, 2010

Twelve days of Show House Past 1999 continued

My vision for the entry was to give an age appropriate feel and show that it is indeed possible to have multiple hand painted finishes in one area.  The soft golden damask painted on the wall compliments the amber stain on the hardwood floor. The gold and silver leaf bench has a clear crazing and amber green glaze.


The archway motif is a reverse painting of the bordered ceiling. The chandelier was found in an antique shop, I located and added all of crystals.  The candlesticks were dripped and painted.

Gold and silver leaf hall table is painted to compliment the bench, and a closer view of the wall finish.

The stair railing had been painted the flat wall color with a black hand railing.  I chose a silver leaf and black finish to for an aged patina.  I think this finish works especially well with the twists and curls of this iron railing.  The back wall has an aged subtle natural setting mural.


Even the old lyon on the door could not escape my brush, finished now with a gold leaf clear crazing and then aged as well.

It was allot of fun trying to meet my self imposed challenge of painting every surface, and I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my favorite parts of this journey.  It was very heartwarming today when a friend and talented artist mentioned that she still remembered seeing this room at Show House all those years ago.

To connect with someone through our own art is a feeling like no other...

Thank you Martha, your work speaks to me as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment