Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Twelve Days Of Show House Past: 1998 continued

The Back Staircase was much more labor intensive, and since I had both staircases on my to do list, I was allowed early access to complete my task. The Home Owner wanted a storybook castle theme for her grandchildren in this area, so of course I wanted to give it a try.  I designed a friendly castle like theme, and the grandchildren were very happy. Gotta love happy children...


I so much wanted to write "The passage back from the place I was before" by this Trompe l'oeil  doorway, but it was just not to be...this time :o) Thank you Eagles for the inspiration...


A bird and her shadow, feathering her nest.


A faux limestone plaque, showing the year this home was built, another request from the Home Owner.
Below is the hand painted armoire' that you have seen before...this time in its intended setting, where it remains to this day.


Looking back there are several things I might add, as well as several things I would subtract, but in the time constraints of a show house, you have to know when to walk away from the work. Something I continue to learn every day.  I will use my new ideas on another...as a good friend would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment