Monday, May 3, 2010

A Rosebud Of A Chair & thoughts of the day...

Actually a pair.  This is a close up of one of the chairs from my Frog and Lady Bug set, that I mentioned a while ago. I recently got to visit my rescued old chairs and could not resist trying to get a better photo for my...er...records :o)  In the seat this time is the flumpy pillow my workroom made for the owner.

The pillow matches the back of the chair...

My favorite part of this little chair, is the rose and bud laying across the top. This photo also shows the tiny stripe I used for the welting...what fun!

I have been getting ready for so many different events lately that I am really looking forward to getting back to my well worn brush and broken bits of treasured past.  Once the Show House closes and the studio readies for the next project I will settle into a few projects that I have been looking forward to for a long time.  To follow ones passion is not always the easiest thing to do...so many ideas, so little time...  

To follow ones passion
I've heard it said...
is the best way to keep 
from feeling a bit dead.

To write, sing and dance 
to paint, shoot and play...
it matters not the
medium per se. 

It matters only
that we do it today...
That we no longer
allow a delay.

So follow I must
it is all I can do...
Along passion's path 
I'll find my heart too.


No comments:

Post a Comment