Friday, January 8, 2010

A Belgium GrandFather Clock





A very dear friend of mine used to go to Belgium for fine antiques for her quaint antique shop in Broad Ripple. She would also look for long past fine antiques in desperate need of someone like me...for me. Upon every return from France, she would show me what she had found for me with a sparkle in her eyes.  It was indeed like Christmas in July.  This clock had about five layers of gooey runny white paint on it, and she looked at me with a big grin saying "I can't wait to see what you do with this one!" I had the clockworks repaired, sanded through the layers and painted the clock to go in a storytellers room I was working on that time. I will always remember my friend, and her encouraging and graceful spirit.  Sometime in the future I will show you the storytellers room, and what I did with many of the other pieces she found for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment