Friday, January 29, 2010

The Bee's Knees

From the archives.  One of my clients had this wonderful gold inlay sink in a powder room, and wanted to expand on the design for the walls.  We chose this soft honey gold metallic wall finish with a gold leaf border taken from the sink motif. I really loved working with this particular client, as she has a wonderful sense of wonderment and whimsey about art and beauty.  Not shown in these photos are the honeycombs and honey bees she had me paint where you might least expect them.  She also had me add a single trompe l'oeil  fly...to see what reaction her husband might have...so much fun!

Trompe l'oeil,  in french means "trick the eye", and is an art that you can learn more about by clicking here here  Once I locate my old photos of the bees and fly, I will post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment