Thursday, December 23, 2010

Vintage Poinsettia


Mom's poinsettia brooch. It is maybe 45 or 50 years old, and probably from the five and dime...a magical place at this time of year to a little girl...some of you may have never heard of the five and dime, but that is another conversation. I remember looking at this in and amongst all of the wonderful "jewels" in Mom's jewelry box, as a special treat every now and then. A treasure trove of vintage buttons, costume jewelry, a mustard seed...and the occasional rhinestone. What fun it was then...and still now today as I remember her every time I wear it during the Holiday Season.

Happy Holidays to all of my family and friends near and far...you are so special to me, and so much in my thoughts at this special time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment