Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hand Painted Gothic Garden Set



Something a little bit different today.  When I found this old Eastlake table and two gothic chairs at a favorite local haunt, they were actually in two different buildings, and in pretty bad shape. The original finish was all but gone, along with the original glue that held them together.  I found the chairs first, then  stumbled upon the table on my way to see about another chair.....I love quaint, elegant chairs for some reason...... someday I will post a photo of my chairs in waiting...  Anyway,  I thought they would make a sweet set for a small space, as the chairs tuck nicely under....so I rescued them.  After repair work I decided upon this aged cream and leafy green finish to tie them together.  A nice little vintage set with a new life to live......

No comments:

Post a Comment