Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day at Show House!

A long standing tradition at St. Margaret's Hospital Guild's Decorators' Show House is the Mother's Day celebration.  By this I mean bringing Mom to the Show House, especially on Mother's Day proper, is how so many people in our region celebrate their own Mothers. Grandmothers...Aunts...Sisters...and Babies too.

It is really amazing to watch...I would say a thousand plus patrons go through the finished home on this special day. Mothers and Daughters.  Mothers and Sons. Maybe their eyes give it away, maybe it is their smile or freckles or spirit or laugh...maybe it is the way a Son lovingly leads his Mother step by step all the way through this huge and beautiful home.  The ties that bind and the love that bonds... 
A touching and lovely and revealing thing to observe on this day of days at the Show House. 

Today, as I stood in my design area... I thought of my Mother, and all that she had taught me, and how much I missed her beautiful smile...and how she had influenced my life...

 

After hearing so many comments this past week about my Pique Assiette mirror and table, I also thought of how many years I have used the checkerboard pattern in my work from time to time.  It is not something that I get up in the morning every day and think about...but it does seem to creep into my designs from time to time. After thinking about it, I realized I had been using it for many years.  I tried to think of how it must have started...

I then thought of the gingham dress that my Mother made for me all those years ago...
I carried this photo with me today, to honor her... and to celebrate our years together.

Happy Mothers Day

No comments:

Post a Comment